- Aminda (ah-MEEN-dah, Esperanto)
- Araminta (ahr-ah-MIN-tah, English)
- Carmina (kar-MEE-nah, Italian)--form of Carmen
- Clementina (klem-en-TEE-nah, Italian, Spanish)--"gentle"
- Cosmina (KOS-mee-nah, Romanian)--feminine of Cosmas
- Domenica (doh-MEN-ee-kah, Italian)--feminine of Dominic. Other forms include Dominga (Spanish) & Dominique (French).
- Erminia (ehr-MEEN-yah, Italian)
- Jessamine (JES-sah-min, English)--"jasmine"
- Kamini (kah-MEE-nee, Indian [Hindi])
- Luminita (loo-men-EETZ-ah, Romanian)--"little light"
- Menuha (men-oo-khah, Hebrew)--"tranquility"
- Minerva (min-ER-vah, English)--Roman goddess of wisdom
- Philomena (fil-oh-MEEN-ah, Greek)--"strong friend". Also spelled Filomena.
Monday, February 6, 2012
Usual Nickname, Unexpected Name--Minnie
Poor Minnie. Once at the top, she was toppled by a certain animated mouse. Of course, the fact that Minnie was originally short for the clunky Wilhelmina probably didn't help.