Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Taxonymy....nymy? (flowers)

Okay, yes, I have a lot of flower-name posts already. But, despite all those, I'm sure I can find more (plus, it's my birthday and I wanna).

[Previous "Taxonymy....nymy" posts: butterflies, ferns, seabirds & shorebirds, songbirds, trees]

I will try to avoid names I've mentioned on here before, especially more well-known names, but some are just too pretty to omit. :) I will also be omitting flowering trees, since most of those were already mentioned on my aforementioned trees post, as well as orchids, because they deserve their own list.

(all names are genera unless otherwise specified)

  • Acaena
  • Adriana
  • Alcea
  • Aletris
  • Alisma
  • Allium
  • Althaea
  • Alyxia
  • Ambrosina
  • Anticlea
  • Aristaloe
  • Aristea
  • Astelia
  • Astonia
  • Bellevalia
  • Caesia
  • Calathea (also common name)
  • Calla
  • Callisia
  • Calluna
  • Calydorea
  • Canna (also common name)
  • Carex
  • Carlina
  • Cassiope
  • Celosia
  • Cistanthe
  • Cleome
  • Cleomella (also common name)
  • Clivia
  • Cordia
  • Cressa
  • Cyanella
  • Danae
  • Dianella
  • Dioclea
  • Elettaria
  • Eurybia
  • Genista
  • Gloriosa
  • Halenia
  • Hestia
  • Inula
  • Ismene
  • Iva
  • Ixia
  • Ixora
  • Jovellana
  • Lanaria
  • Liatris
  • Lilaea (also common name)
  • Lilium
  • Liriope
  • Lissanthe
  • Menodora
  • Milla
  • Muilla (also common name)
  • Moraea
  • Nerine (also common name)
  • Nicandra
  • Nolina
  • Ottelia
  • Paris
  • Pereskia
  • Philesia
  • Phycella
  • Rivina
  • Roseling (common name)
  • Ruscus
  • Scilla
  • Silene
  • Solandra
  • Stellaria
  • Tacca
  • Triantha
  • Tulista
  • Velleia
  • Vellozia
  • Xyris
  • Ypsilandra
  • Zenobia
  • Zephyra
  • Zizia

No comments:

Post a Comment