I have to admit, when I read about real people with names that don't seem to fit their era, I feel admiration for their parents, who picked something that likely got lots of derisive comments and odd glances.
But, when I see fictional characters with names that don't fit their age or era (especially with shows that are supposed to be otherwise "realistic"), I just have to roll my eyes.
- Addison Montgomery, Private Practice (2007)
- Elliot Reid, Scrubs (2001)
- Finn Hudson, Glee (2009)
- Harper Finkle, Wizards of Waverly Place (2007)
- Jordan Sullivan, Scrubs (2001)
- Murphy Brown, Murphy Brown (1988)
- Piper Halliwell, Charmed (2000)
- Remy "Thirteen" Hadley, House (2007)
- Skyler White, Breaking Bad (2008)
- Spencer Hastings, Pretty Little Liars (2010)
I also have to wonder--which popular names would have caught on without the characters? Hmmmm....