Oh, and in the case of that silly old bear, Winnie was actually short for Winnipeg. Probably less usable than most other alternatives.
- Gwenaëlle (GWEN-ah-el, Breton)--"blessed and generous"
- Gwyneira (gwun-AY-rah or gwun-EYE-rah, Welsh*)
- Jaswinder (jas-WIN-der, Hindi)
- Morwenna (mohr-WEN-nah, Cornish)
- Owena (oh-WEN-ah, Welsh*)--feminine of Owen
- Rowena (roh-EE-nah, English)
- Willemijn (wil-leh-MINE, Dutch)--feminine of William/Willem
- Winfrieda (win-FREE-dah, German)--"peaceful friend"
- Winimar (WIN-ih-mar, Old German)--"famous friend"
- Winona (win-OH-nah, Sioux)
*I was attempting to keep this list from getting too repetitive by limiting the number of Welsh names (gwen- and -wen are extremely common elements, since they mean "holy, blessed, fair"). If you do want to see dozens and dozens more, head on over to NameNerds.