- Adamina (a-dah-MEE-nah, English)
- Adanna (ad-AN-ah, Nigerian [Igbo])
- Adara (ah-DAR-ah, Hebrew)--"noble"
- Adelais (ad-el-AH-ees, Germanic)
- Adelia (ah-DEL-ee-ah, Spanish)
- Adelita (ah-del-EE-tah, Spanish)
- Adena/Adina (ah-DEE-nah, Hebrew)
- Aderyn (ah-DER-in, Welsh)--"bird"
- Adilet (ah-dih-let, Kyrgyz)--"justice"
- Adrasteia (ah-dras-TAY-ah, Greek)--"doesn't run away"
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Usual Nickname, Unexpected Name: Addy
In bygone days, Addy was a nickname for the multicultural Adelaide. Today, she's much more likely to be short for the modern Addison. Addy-names are all rising in popularity, from the romantic Adelina to the modern creation Adalee to the "does it really need a nickname?" Adele. If you love the nickname, but want a more uncommon name to fall back on in a sea of Addys, here're some choices for you.