- Briallen (bree-AHL-len, Welsh)--"primrose"
- Bricia (BREE-see-ah, Spanish)--origin uncertain; prob. a form of Bridget or of Bricius/Bryce
- Brighde (BREE-jeh, Scottish)--form of Bridget
- Brigida (BREE-zhee-dah, Portuguese; BREE-hee-dah, Spanish)--yet another form of Bridget
- Briseida (bree-SAY-dah, Spanish)-form of Briseis
- Brisen (BREE-sen, Welsh)
- Brîska (BREE-skah, Kurdish)--"glitter"
- Brizo (BREE-zoh, Greek)
- Bryndis (BRIN-dees, Norwegian)
- Fabrizia (fah-BREE-tzee-ah, Italian)
- Sabriye (SAH-bree-eh, Turkish)--"patient"
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Usual Nickname, Unexpected Name--Bree
Bree-names are big right now. From the fairly-established Aubrey, Brianna, & Gabriella, to the modern Cambria, Brielle, & Bria, and even new inventions, like Aubrianna, Abriella, & Mabree, Bree is a nickname we're likely to keep seeing more and more of. But if you're not willing to use a top 100 name, or a recent innovation, what's left?